TOPIC: Don’t Let Them Break You (DCLM Daily Manna 24 July 2023) By Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
KEY VERSE: “Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies” (Psalm 119:157).
TEXT: Psalm 119:149-160 (KJV)
149. Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O Lord, quicken me according to thy judgment.
150. They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
151. Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth.
152. Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.
153. Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law.
154. Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.
155. Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes.
156. Great are thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgments.
157. Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.
158. I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.
159. Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy lovingkindness.
160. Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
MESSAGE OF THE DAY:
The strategy of the enemy during a conflict is to determine the opponent’s breaking point or weak point, target it and continue to hammer on it until he caves in and surrenders. This has been used in different forms and modes to bring down the resistance of an otherwise formidable enemy.
King David, who himself was a war general and strategist, perfectly understood this approach employed by the enemy. He knew that the numerous enemies and traitors that confronted him had just one aim in mind: to break his resolve in God and bring him into defeat. It was for this reason that he made up his mind not to give up the confidence he had in God and in His word no matter the number of the enemies that antagonised him.
In an attempt to break down the Christian’s faith in the Lord, the devil, who is the archenemy, adopts different strategies. He may use severe cruelty and unfair treatment. At other times, he may attack and attempt to weaken the believer’s psychological and mental strength by parading before him many examples of those who disregard the word of God and live carefree lives. Or he may choose to attack what the believer loves and cherishes most like his family members or his career.
As Christians, we must be aware of these and other numerous strategies of the enemy. Like the psalmist, we must resolve to continue to stand strong on the word of God no matter the opposition we may face. When we realise the invaluable place of God’s word in our lives, we will be willing to hold on tenaciously to it. When we so resolve never to be broken, we will triumph over every opposition.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The devil may persist but we can overcome when we continue to resist in the strength of the Lord.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 18-21
Deeper Life Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.